Have you been looking for How to apply for a study visa in the UK? Well, this article can help you a lot to clear your queries and confusions regarding Visa.
The United Kingdom is one of the world’s leading destinations for studies.
With centuries-old traditions of excellence, high schools at all corners, and much more versatility than many other nations.
The UK has more to offer international students than other English-speaking countries.
This article will bring you all of the necessary information regarding band requirements, the fee structure ( Change time to time ), the university selection process, and how to apply study visa for the United Kingdom.
Don’t forget to get in touch with us any time if you need. We are the Best Study Visa Consultants in Jammu. Our team will help you to make the more valuable decision to full fill your dream.
How To Apply Study Visa for The UK?
Indian Students have to apply for a student visa for the UK at the British Embassy in India Or online at the UK Government’s website. You may be required to have your fingerprints & picture taken as part of your visa application at a visa application center (to obtain a biometric residency permit).
But before that, you have to understand the below mention points to get a visa easily.
1.) Get Your Acceptance Letter:
Before applying for a study visa for the UK, the first and the foremost thing is to get admission to United Kingdom University approved by the government. It would be best if you chose a university-based on courses or programs you want to study.
It should also base on the destination and the amount you can spend on your higher studies. Once they select you as candidates, they will provide you with an Acceptance Letter required for the visa application.
If you can’t decide on the best university, here’s a link provided for UK top universities.
Choosing between Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees has always been difficult, mainly when considering many choices. It would be best if you explore your interests and the destination you want to move to.
2.) Find Out What Study Visa You Need:-
Mainly there are two types of Visa:
Short Term Visa: A short-term study visa is for those students who are planning to attend a short language course or doing a quick research time as part of the curriculum of degree programs.
Tier 4 Visa: Tier 4 study Visa is for those who want to study graduates ( bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. graduates) of the Level 4 (general) students’ Visa. The student visa of Tier 4 is not available for a fixed period; it determines the duration of your study visa.
Conditions To apply for a Tier 4 visa:
- Be over the age of 16.
- Speak, Read, Understand English (In short require Ilets)
- Have enough money to support you through your studies.
- Have a complete research deal from a UK licensed university.
3.) Visa Requirements for UK Student Visa:
If a student visa is given to you, your course provider will be ready to help you apply for a student visa for a UK course. Up to three months before the start of your course, you can apply for a visa.
Check your country’s average visa processing times and guarantee a lot of time.
The UK is granted a visa for students on a basis dependent on scores. To satisfy all the requirements of the UK student visa, you must provide:
- A Completed visa application form.
- Passport & authentic travel documents.
- One passport-size photo.
- Provide proof that you will be able to support yourself while in the UK
- If you’re underage of18, you’ll need parental permission.
- Test results for tuberculosis (for citizens of certain countries).
- Proof of visa application fee payment: GBP 348.
- Health Surcharge for Immigration: 150 GBP per year of study.
- Appendix 8 is a self-assessment form with documents attached.
- A complete official translation must accompany all documents, not in English or Welsh, that must submit with the Appendix 8 form that the UK Border Agency can independently check.
5.) Study Visa Fees for The UK:
A Tier 4 (General) student visa costs £348 at the moment (US$440), plus another £348 for any dependents. You’ll still have to pay a £150 (US$190) healthcare surcharge to use. During your stay, the National Health Service (NHS) will charge you £300 (US$380).
The six-month Short Term Study Visa costs £97 (US$120), and the 11-month Visa costs £186 (US$240).
To Access the Exact Amount of money you need for the UK, You can consult our professional Visa consultant, any time.
5.) Language Requirements:
You must pass a safe English language examination to demonstrate that your Write and spoke English meets British visa requirements.
If you’re seeking a degree or higher, you’ll need to reach the CEFR standard B2 of language proficiency. Some universities do not need to provide English proficiency evidence if they have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree.
Things that You Should Consider About Visa Application:
- Keep in mind that the visa application process will change as of January 1, 2021 approaches.
- Do not wait until the last minute to apply for a visa. The Tier 4 Student Visa typically takes three weeks to arrive. However, depending on where you are using, you should begin the visa application process at least three months ahead of time.
- Until applying for a student visa, make sure you have your university’s certificate of acceptance for studies (CAS).
- Make sure you have all the details before you start the application process.
- Make sure the organization you are applying to be approved.
Can You Work While Having a Study VISA in the UK?
When studying in the UK, all EU, EEA, and Swiss students are permitted to work. Tier 4 student visa holders who attend publicly funded higher education institutions can work up to 20 hours a week during the school year.
And full-time during the Christmas and Easter holidays (unless you are aged 16 or 17, in which case the maximum is 10 hours per week during term time).
A UK Border Agency officer will stamp your passport with the length of your stay in the UK when you enter the country. If you’re taking a 12-month or more prolonged course, for example, you can continue for the entire length of the course plus an additional four months.
You will not be able to extend your stay beyond this time frame. Plus four months on top of the course term. Before immunized, keep your immunization record in your hand luggage if the Border Agency officer at your UK port of entry requests it.